Interlace your fingers,
put your hands behind your head. Gently lift one elbow, take a good deep breath.
Feel one half of your back expand as you breathe.
Lift the other elbow. Breathe.
When you bring your hands down,
your back should still feel wide?
Keep your back relaxed,
and your voice will feel strong
Recent clients include:
Radio & TV presenters Legal professionals Investment bankers Structural engineers Switchboard staff Teachers
Clients work in:
Clients work for:
I've also been coaching a Hypnotist
Did you promise to do that Wedding Speech, in a mad moment of pride and wild enthusiasm?
You need to extend your vocal range, to polish
up your Presentation Skills.
We all want to feel free to express the different sides of our personality. An Acting Coach will encourage you to open up to confidence and colour.
I am Alan Woodhouse. Welcome to woodhousevoice.co.uk
WHAT AM I ?
I am a Voice Coach, Acting Coach, Presentation Skills Coach, Vocal Skills Trainer, Public Speaking Coach, Communication Skills Coach, Speech Coach, Voice Trainer and Dialogue Coach.
WHERE AM I ?
I run a private consultancy based in London, UK
VOICE COACH - WHO USES ONE ?
EVERYBODY: Your voice is your calling card.
- business executives
- TV presenters
- radio presenters
- media professionals
You hear someone's voice. How long does it take before you pass judgment?
We have 7 seconds to make a good impression, so we're told. Frightening isn't it.
Sincerity, integrity, emotional state. It's all in the voice.
Do you want to listen to this person?
Do you want to do business with this person?
DO I NEED A PUBLIC SPEAKING COACH ?
Are you exciting, when you speak? You should be.
Do you move people – in the Presentation, in the Meeting, at the Interview, in the Audition?
You should expect to.
How would you rate your Communication Skills?
If you feel that your voice is too soft, or you’ve been told that you mumble, you need voice coaching. If you work in a multi-cultural, international environment – and many people do – accent may well be an issue. Clarity is crucial.
You need to be confident and strong.
When you structure what you need to say. When you speak. If the vocal energy is weak, you will display weakness.
Learn simple techniques that will empower your voice.
The first person to benefit will be you.
Good vibrations. Pass through your body.
WHAT DOES A VOICE COACH DO ?
The work of a voice coach is practical. You will experience the change in your voice and in the way you feel about yourself.
- Good Breath Control is a priority. Breathe deep, breathe slow. You’ll relax. Open up to all your power.
- It’s not just volume – we’re looking for the quality. But they do need to hear you at the back.
- Clear Speech involves both mouth and brain. One needs warming-up, and the other needs cooling down. Then we mix in a bit of passion.
- We all love patterns – they have a sense of home, of comfort. But if we’re always singing the same tune it’s boring. Every voice has an amazing range of expression – you can hit the highs and hit the lows, and everything in between.
- A strong beginning and a strong ending. Good advice. Not easy if you’re full of nerves at the start, and your voice loses energy half way through. But voices get tired. They’re only human. We’ll take your vocal muscles to the gym. Make your voice vibrate from top to toe.
- There’s no such thing as a Perfect Voice. Your voice must be a personal expression of you. But. Statistics indicate negative reactions to the over-nasal or whiny voice and to sing-song vocal patterns. Think of it this way. You need to be the boss. You need to be in control.
- Everyone has an accent: I can advise you on any modification necessary.
- Spoken language is different to written language. I’ll help you. Find the words to say what you want to say.
- It takes energy to listen. Ears get tired. Let me teach you some presentation skills. Learn how to be irresistible.
- Some people think the word Elocution is a bit old-fashioned. It simply means to Speak Well. I don’t see anything wrong with that, do you?
HOW DOES IT WORK ?
One-to-one sessions: we can meet at your workspace or at a Central London studio.
The sessions can be audio-recorded. You’ll take away the recording, and written details of the ideas and exercises we’ve used.
We can arrange phone coaching to give you extra support.
Work with groups is tailored to a company’s specific needs. Tell me your aims and objectives, and the time-scale. The work is planned individually for you.